Windows 95/98 Settings
If you need help with any of the settings, please call the Help Desk at (913) 351-3537 (Leavenworth/Lansing/KC Metro) or (913) 367-7042 (Atchison) between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. on Saturday. IMPORTANT: All logon and password information is case sensitive
Windows 95/98: Configuring Dial-up Networking.
- Click the Start Button, select Programs, select Accessories, (select Communications in Windows 98) and then select Dial-Up Networking.
- Double click on the "Make New Connection" icon.
- Enter the information given below:
- Enter--lvnworth-- for your service provider Enter--Phone Number:
- PREFERRED DIAL-UP NUMBERS:
- In Leavenworth calling area Enter--828-4887
- In Atchison calling area Enter--674-0052
- In the KC Metro calling area Enter--913-871-0448
- If you are unsure of your calling area, please call support.
- Right click on the lvnworth icon, click-- Properties
- Click-- Server Types Tab
- Type of Dial-up Server should be PPP, Windows 95, Windows NT 3.5 Internet
- Advanced Options-- Enable Software Compression, only.
- Allowed Network Protocol-- Check only TCP/IP.
- Select-- TCP/IP Settings
- Select-- Server Assigned IP Address
- Select-- Server Assigned Name Server Addresses
- Check-- use IP Header Compression
- Check-- Use Default Gateway on Remote Network
- Click OK to accept changes
- Go back to the Dial-up Networking window
- Right Click on the lvnworth icon and go to Create shortcut, left click, click "Yes" when it asks you to place it on your desktop.